What did I say about touching the trains, Joey?


I intend for this to be a recurring feature here.
Just me, going around the unique place I live and sharing 
some of its wonders with all of you.

So here we have a poster pasted up near my place; there have been several of these around lately:



Now technically, I'm sure this is true. When they were selecting locations for the data center, they needed somewhere with plenty of extra electricity--it's my understanding that that one complex of buildings uses as much power as all of Salt Lake City. And the waste heat is, I'm sure, carried away with cooling water. But isn't this kind of like hatching a brilliant plan to stop the IRS by not letting them have any more postage stamps? Because no stamps, no notices, no audits, right? Ahaaaaaaaa! I bet they never thought of that, the bastards! Go check out their website, and watch their little video, which is peppered with "facts" & has distressed audio/visual effects to make it look real serious.

Comments

Popular Posts