Boys and Their Toys

Remember how I said the other day that I almost bought a Walther P99 airsoft pistol as an impulse buy? Well, after calmly resisting the temptation to throw my money after shiny objects like a teenager who just got his first paycheck from Dairy Queen, I mulled it over a couple days then went out and bought it anyway.

Saaaweeet!

It's a double action only, so it took me a few targets to get the feel of the trigger, but as you can see above, after 5 magazines I'm getting a decent grouping at 15 feet. I'll take it out to the country next weekend to see how accurate it remains at a good distance, but I'm surprised at how well it shoots, for a smooth bore gun that shoots light weight plastic BBs. Has a nice heft, an all metal, gas blowback slide that locks back on empty and feels almost like the real deal. I'll have to try it out on a moving target...

My dog is now cowering in fear and pawing through the yellow pages searching frantically for an animal rights lawyer.

Comments

Popular Posts