Pain Relief With Iron Balls

You all heard me complaining about lower back pain recently and whereas doing some stretching as per the Humungus Plan did alleviate the pain to a degree, it still remained, lingering in the tall grass, ready to strike again, should I let my guard down. It just so happens that letting my guard down is something I do with alarming ease.

When the first pangs began to rear their ugly heads yesterday (figuratively speaking; pangs are headless), I said "FTS", dusted off my kettlebells, which I have been shamefully neglecting over the past 3 or 4 months, and did a half hour of overhead swings and snatches.

Today, I am pain-free.

The beauty of these two exercises is that they not only work the entire posterior chain and load the spine, but they also force you to stretch out the chest and abs, reversing the tension from long hours, weeks and months of slumping and slouching over a keyboard. I'm also standing taller today, more aware of my posture.




Comments

Popular Posts