Jordon Peterson

This here fellow is interesting and worth listening to if you've got some mindless task like ironing or straining Sterno. Mindlessness being my default state, I've been listening to him plenty the last few weeks. He's got a series called the Personality Lectures that has some good stuff.

The first time I listened to him he made some passing remark about Conservatives and I stopped and made a snarky comment on Youtube under it, thinking he was just another knee-jerk Leftist academic, but then I finished the video and tried another. After listening to him plenty, I know that while he doesn't consider himself a Wingnut, I'm sure his fellow professors do. That's one of the things that make listening to him so enjoyable; he came to his positions in spite of being in what has to be one of the Leftyest environments out there, a Canadian Uni.  Plus he taught at Harvard before the U of Toronto.

He's a Paid Pro too, so in addition to teaching he's out in the trenches like SiS (I think he refers to himself as a clinical psychologist). Maybe that's what gives him a broader perspective. Give him 15 minutes before you write him off, by then he's rolling.

Comments

Popular Posts