Advice for Dealing with A**holes

So I need some, please.

I had a new client for our little consulting firm and I had been working really hard and enjoying myself. It was a simple structure, I had a direct line with the owners and decisions were fast, quick and fulfilling ( Sev. halt those filthy thoughts). Then, they decided to hire a co-ordinator who acts as if he is the be all and know all. He talks down to me, lies and tried to take all my hard work as credit. He is one of those people I termed " fluffer" ( My husband said it is an adult industry term , so no pun intended). He can make something so small look as if he has a mountain of knowledge. He act as if he is the most indispensable component to the whole project. Because he has some knowledge of industry jargons. He has no idea of my background and just assume I am some bimbo housewife, ignorant and easily pushed around. I am so furious just thinking about it.

I have 2 choices if I want to complete this contract:

(1) go against him which I know would not be prudent because he would fluff up the situation and make himself look completely innocent as he has established himself as the gateway to the owners now. I am not suppose to have any communication with the owners.

(2) be passive aggressive and just say yes to him but not do what he say to do anyway

So please give me some advice. I have been spoilt by good and professional people around me, I really don't know how to effectively deal with a small person.

Comments

Popular Posts