I Am Invoking Rule n° 2

So sue me. I decided to get a jump on Spring cleaning and tidy up this dump a bit. After an unremarkable 11 months and nearly 27.000 pageviews (if I only had a nickel for every pageview...

I'd still be homeless, but at least I'd be wearing a low-end Swiss timepiece ), it only seemed reasonable to wrap a shiny new bow on the site in anticipation of our blog's birthday in exactly 26 days.


I was tired of the small and hard to read sans-serif font of the body text so I pumped it up a couple 'o point sizes, changed to the serif version and increased the line spacing. While I was at it, I added a nifty new style to the blockquotes and made it possible to begin the posts with a drop cap.

Oh, and BTW, just as a reminder, since you're too lazy to click on the link to the right, Rule 2 reads as follows (in in the swell new blockquote style):

  • If you're not happy with the fonts, the layout or the comments, go talk to someone who cares.

For now--until I can figgerout a way to hack the Blogger code so I can stick a button on the post toolbar--in order to add a dropcap like the one above (and I suggest that you do since it looks like we have some class here) you would need to click over from the Compose button (at the top left of the toolbar) to the HTML button then surround the first letter of your post with the following span tag:

<span class="dropcap">D</span>

Which example presumes that the first letter of your post begins with the letter 'D'. And would consequently yield this.

D


With me so far?

Or, if you're a rebel (or a girly man) you can do this:

<span class="dropcap circle">A</span>

Which, quite unsurprisingly, results in the following:

A



Now. do I think any of you will go through the trouble of mucking around in HTML to make pretty little flourishes on the tripe you post?

I
do
not.


So that's that.
Jet pilots approve of the new PIThead style changes!

Comments

Popular Posts