RAW: WTC BASE jumpers make death-defying leap

RAW: WTC BASE jumpers make death-defying leap

Duuuuuude!

I found this through a Takimag article bemoaning our current culture's crackdown on badass.
Pull quote:

“America was founded on mutts from all over the world who were sick of being told what to do. Now we live in a culture where rules rule.”

When I was stuck lying in a hospital bed a couple years ago, I watched a French documentary on TV about modern daredevils and assorted crazies who were living my childhood dream of flight. BASE jumpers, Ultra-light fanatics and best of all, those totally insane fools in their Rocket J. Squirrel suits, jumping off cliffs and "flying" down the face of mountains with a helmet cam. These people have a tenuous relationship with sanity, for sure, but I love 'em nonetheless.

Comments

Popular Posts