Another WIP (My Unfinished, Fragmentary Christmas Gift to You)

Yeah, so I haven't been exactly forthcoming with you. Sue me. This is the real reason I've put my writing on hold these past 4 months. It's an idear for a concep' of a project that's been slumbering in the dark confines of my unconscious since the mid nineties.

Last summer I found some long forgotten sketches that date back to 97-98ish that never got beyond the scratchpad due to the pressing concerns of the day. Amused, I shared them with daughter n° 1, laying out the overview of the original plot, an ode to the adventurous, hell-for-leather, can-do American spirit of a bygone era. Being the dedicated offspring of a genius, her response was unqualified: "Oh, most wise and gifted paternal, you must absolutely make this wonderful short film!"

"Ah", I sighed, " 'tis such an immense undertaking for the humble man that I am. I would not know from whence to start."

"Why then, dear father, start at the beginning!" she replied, "Do just the littlest bit every day and the task shall accomplish itself in due time."

And you know what? She's right. So if you think I'm just wasting more time, blame her. It's her fault.
Here's the first two minutes in full rough-cut glory. Enjoy. Or not, what do I care?




Comments

Popular Posts