1.37 Thumbs Up

I've been scrolling past this on Amazon Prime, but the other night I finally pulled the trigger and decided to try five minutes*--hated the weenie Protaganist--ten minutes--still hated the weenie--no wonder kids turn out like they do these days, I'm turning this off.

But indifference won out. I couldn't be bothered to turn it off and before long I was gripped. It's too bloody, it's too farfetched and goofy. Violent farce ain't even a thing, is it?

Oh, but I enjoyed it. I liked the two leads, specially J. Eisenberg. The only really weak casting is the lead antagonist. It was a near thing, but even he couldn't ruin it.

I'm hoping maybe I'm entering my second teenhood, which would definitely open up my movie options. This one may be way over the top, but it's well within the range of those of you who could stomach The Pines (frinstance). 

*All times are rough estimates.

Comments

Popular Posts