A Joyful Noise

Last week, a dear friend and I had dinner at our local favorite Hawai'ian restaurant about a 10 minute walk away.  Arriving before she did, I couldn't figure out why the parking lot was packed.  Maybe the watering hole next door was having a dart tournament or something like that?  Nope.  I walked into the restaurant which had about 3 of its 20 tables full.  Then I looked into the bar and there was a pack of people, some with St. Patrick's Day hats on.  There was something projected onto a screen.  Then I heard the sound: 40 people all singing together.  I asked the server what was happening and she said, "Oh it's ukulelekaraoke Wednesday!"  These people were having a great time and it spilled out all over the restaurant.
We had live music, fun music, nice music sung to us throughout our meal: 'She's Got a Ticket to Ride,' 'Love Potion Number 9,' 'Roll on Columbia,' and on and on and on.  We were there for 90 minutes and they didn't take a break.  It was humorous and joyful in the midst of a bleak time internationally and nationally, and somewhat personally (this good friend is packing up and moving to Spokane).  I'm hoping they're there again the next time I go on a Wednesday night with Mr. SiS.

Oh, and here's a pretty picture to soften the mood.  It's a close-up of our now blooming ornamental pear tree, 'Jack'

Comments

Popular Posts